What is Brain Camp?
UCI Brain Camp is a summer program for middle and high school students that offers an opportunity for immersion in neuroscience. This year's virtual 2-week full-day camp will feature lectures and seminars, workshops, laboratory tours and even hands-on activities that students will engage in from the comfort and safety of their own homes.
Want to stay up to date on Brain Camp 2023?
Sign up for our mailing list!
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Explore topics such as:
- Brain and spinal cord anatomy
- Sensation and perception
- Learning and memory
- Brain-machine interface
- Comparative neuroanatomy
- Tour laboratories to explore the latest tools, techniques and technologies that are used in neuroscience laboratories at UC Irvine including:
- Brain Imaging
- Animal models
- Participate in workshops on topics such as:
- Experimental design
- Data analysis
- Scientific Communication and public speaking
- Interact with world-renowned neuroscience professors, PhD students and undergraduates to gain insight into college life and the possible careers in neuroscience.
- Develop the tools and skills necessary for success in college coursework.
During the second week, students will design experiments, analyze data and present their work to an audience of UC Irvine neuroscience faculty and students as well as the campers' families.
This button will open the UCI Brain Camp page on the Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory website.
$2150.00 - Includes camp fee, camp shirt and materials for hands-on activities that will be mailed to each participant.
Visit https://cnlm.uci.edu/braincamp/ to learn more about the program and scholarship opportunities.